Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Paradise

Cody has recently been saying that the song, "Paradise" by Coldplay reminds him of Sawyer.
He listens to it all the time, so I decided to listen, really listen. I didn't understand at first where he was coming from but now I think I do. Any song can have different meanings to any one person. You may think of this song one way (and it may or may not be the intentional meaning from the musician), but it is yours. So after taking in the lyrics:

                "When she was just a girl
                 She expected the world
                 But it flew away from her reach so
                 She ran away in her sleep
                 And dreamed of
                 Para-para-paradise, Para-para-paradise, Para-para-paradise
                 Everytime she closed her eyes"
                              -Coldplay

I actually had tears in my eyes when I first started thinking about it. But this song can have so much hope. My precious girl may have more obstacles to embrace than many other children. Yet with all of that, she honestly has the world at the tip of her fingers and I believe will always reach her PARADISE. She will dream of her paradise just like we all do. I pray that her dreams come to reality and the world will accept that we are all different. I can only pray that parents raise their own to love and respect everyone is this world. So next time you hear this song, you may think of it in this way or in another. I pray that my baby girls "paradise" never flies out of her reach, I pray that she gives others the light to see their own "paradise", that "paradise" is not only a dream, but a common reality to live in. My girl is so happy I pray no one ever takes that "full face" smile away from her or her dream of "Paradise".  Thank gosh she has the brother she does, because I know deep down inside Cohen will never allow anyone to take away Sawyer's love for life!



1 comment: