Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pink Party!


Saturday, we celebrated Sawyer's 1st birthday with Family and Close Friends! It was GORGEOUS outside! We started out bundled up because it was a little chilly.  The day couldn't have been more beautiful for my Beautiful Girl.  and Oh How I love BONNETS!


Cohen is only 2, so sometimes when we go to birthday parties he doesn't understand why he doesn't get presents.  But today, he let Sawyer have "Her Day".  He never once asked why it wasn't his birthday or showed any signs of jealousy towards the attention she was receiving. This boy.... With a smile like this and a heart so pure.... Makes me want to hug him 24/7.


Sawyer's day was filled with fun... Besides eating the cake...
She wasn't thrilled with the whole cake idea when we sang happy birthday on her Real Birthday.


But I tried again anyway... And it happened again! Sawyer became a VERY unhappy little girl.






I was able to get a few pictures but I could only take her this unhappy for so long. It lasted the entire "Happy Birthday" song, then I had to take her out of the highchair and hold my sweet girl!

I think everyone had a really good time. It was mainly family with a few close friends and I am pretty sure everyone invited showed up.  It is still hard to believe that my baby girl is already 1.  I can't seem to comprehend how fast this past year flew by.  Here are a few random pictures from the party.

Party Photo Dump:


















I am so happy I was able to capture this moment between John Talbott and Sawyer. These 2 have no clue the symbolic meaning I see in this picture...
These 2 hands little hands...
These 2 little hands have connected so many in so many different ways.  These 2 little hands are precious and I am sure will be held many more times in this lifetime, They will keep each other safe. They will hopefully always have the comfort and security of the other when a "hand squeeze" from a good friend is all you need. I pray these 2 little hands guide one another.  Oh the smile I get on my face knowing Sawyer has John Talbott!  It is a precious gift God has given us for them to know one another and call each other friend!


After a fun filled day with family and friends Sawyer is officially 1.  It is hard to believe all that we have accomplished in the first year of this sweet girls life! Thank you Sawyer for all you have added to our family. and Happy Happy Birthday to YOU!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these pics!! She is so precious! Her tears were breaking my heart, I would have picked her up too!! So sweet, thanks for sharing Brikki!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sweet Sweet Butterfly...my my how you've spread your wings in just one short year...can't wait to watch the rest :)
    Love you,
    MeMe

    ReplyDelete