Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

36 months.

I can not believe my baby boy is 3 years old today.  I wish I could take a mason jar and capture him in it and not let him grow up.  I don't want my baby boy to grow up! I want him to stay this small, sweet, and innocent forever... Yes FOREVER!
3 years ago today Cody and I became parents for the first time and we got to meet our sweet baby boy!



The first year of Cohen's life, Cody and I learned a lot about ourselves, but more importantly we formed a new kind of love. One you have for your child. The moment Cohen was placed in my arms I learned what "parent love" was.  The bond and love I felt for him is unexplainable. This little boy stole my heart the first time I heard his heartbeat, but when I heard him cry for the first time and saw his face he didn't only steal my heart but my entire soul!

His first year flew by... Faster than I truly expected. He reached his milestones at his own pace & went through things to the beat of his own drum. The independence he has amazes me still to this day.
Here are some of his first year that make me want to smile / cry.


















\








Then his next couple of years came with a little more personality. Cohen became a little man who had a wonderful little spunk in him. We quickly learned that Cohen loves sports! He loves his momma and daddy.  He absolutely loves his little sister (more than I ever imagined).  He can make you smile at any moment in time.  He has a charm and wit that are out of this world. He is going to one day be a heartbreaker! But I CAN WAIT a long time for that! He is our sweet boy and I thank God daily for blessing us with him.  










And today he turns 3.... 36 months has gone by since this little man has entered our lives. My baby boy is growing like the speed of light. Cody and I were and still are, such proud parents of this little man.   He is a typical "boys boy".  This dude is up for football at any hour of the day.  He doesn't care if he is dirty and if you pick on him you aren't getting away with it.  I am sure he will get in trouble his fair share during this lifetime, but that's okay. That is how we grow up and learn.  Cohen has taught me so much in these past 3 years.  He has given me all that I dreamed of in a son and even more.  







I know I have said it before but Cohen as taught Cody and I so much, but it has become more known in this past year... His innocence and heart have showed me more about love than I could have learned any place else.  When he gets older I will explain the hope and faith HE gave to me one October day.... I can only pray as a parent he never loses his kind heart.  


This is my thank you! Thank you for who you are. I don't want you to ever become any one else. I want you to know you are one of the most precious gifts we have ever received.  God trusted us with you.  There is no denying he hand molded you into a very special young man. I believe you will only teach me more as you grow and I can't wait to see what more you have in store for us.  
Happy Birthday Cohen.... We love you to the moon and back sweet boy! 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post...and a beautiful boy that I love with all my heart..he teaches me things everyday :)
    Love,
    MeMe

    ReplyDelete