Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hold On

Last week was a rough one. I brought Sawyer to the Dr on Monday to find out she had Bronchiolitis (Thank God it was not RSV, because I don't ever want to experience that again with her.... Last year was enough). The week began with a rough start.  She did not sleep much, which meant neither did I. She wanted to be held 20 out of the 24 hours in the day.





















And to top it all off, it was MY BIRTHDAY WEEK. Okay here is a little inside fact. I am a birthday week person. The week of my birthday is a special one.... in my eyes however. And this little munchkin has definitely shown me that it is NOT about me anymore. I have not even thought about my birthday but more of making my girl happy and better! Therefore, my DRAMA QUEEN has shown me that life changes. You have kids and it is about them, but...
Friday I said hello to 29! The last year of my 20's...What do we have in store!

We enjoyed a nice dinner, for my birthday, at LaFonda with some of our closest friends.... So happy they all came



Then the joy of MY BIRTHDAY FRIDAY was quickly shattered with the news of the Connecticut Shooting. I wanted to hold Cohen and Sawyer and never let them go.  My heart ached for those parents and children. The simple act of bringing your child to school would never be the same.

We get so caught up in our phones, computers. etc we miss out on so many moments. I for one, know that sometimes I am playing on my phone when I could be playing with my kids. It's sad to know that someone's misfortune made me realize so much.
So from now on when you want to pick up your phone to check facebook, pick up your child instead. When you want to open the computer to play on pinterest, play with your child instead.
I know I will.


Yes, I will still enjoy these little pleasures but not as much as I often find myself doing.


I can't imagine the loss of a child. I can't begin to comprehend the pain those parents are feeling. I can't even bring myself to think of that being my child. But I can pray for their comfort and strength. Those little blessings left this world at such an early age, all I know is God welcomed a few more little miracles into his Kingdom Friday.

So hold onto your loved ones a little bit tighter. Tell them you love them a few more times. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment