Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Embrace the Unexpected

Ramsey sent me a text today to let me know it was "WORLD Down Syndrome DAY". Okay to be honest here, my heart sank... A day of different? A day to represent something out of the ordinary! Why?!?! 
After we texted I can honestly say I didn't think much about it. 
Then I came across this video on her facebook page! Okay really this is something to be proud of.  I can't say I have ever watched a video centered around DS and had a smile on my face. But this video... Just explained it all....Something I pray my friends and family watch and form a different mind-set. We don't want you to look at us differently, we don't want you to feel sorry for us, we are perfectly fine... And this video says it all. It says everything I want to say... It says all of the feelings I can now embrace. We are no different than we were before.... 


Kevin, Ramsey, Caroline, Parker, and John Talbott Ayers.... We can not begin to explain the happiness we have with your family in our lives. It is hard to believe that 1 extra chromosome from Sawyer and John Talbott has given us lifelong friends who we now call family!
So once again! EMBRACE the UNEXPECTED... You don't know what you're missing out on!
Our Family
The Ayers


No comments:

Post a Comment