Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

The race is on....

Cohen was in a model contest for a new collegiate clothing line on facebook. He was coming out on top then slowly lost his 1st place spot.  But, the contest ended a few hours early due to suspected cheating by someone voting for the child in first place. And needless to say he didn't win the... But we don't need anyone to tell us that this face can be a model...

He is definitely model material to this momma...
I can not believe how fast he is growing... And this picture makes him look older than her really is...


So as I am writing this post, one of my Dr Phil episodes is playing in the background. I was not paying that much attention and all of a sudden I hear the word abortion... I never really payed too much attention to this word until I had Sawyer and found out that 90% of babies with Down Syndrome are aborted... I have always had my personal belief that abortion is WRONG... But Okay really... 90% aborted just because they have DS! Who are we to choose what we are given... And why do so many think they have to put a "label" on things... Just because your baby has DS, doesn't mean they don't have a heart, eyes, a nose, a mouth, can one day... walk, talk, express feelings, and better yet... LIVE!!!!!... Who would want to give up seeing this face?


NOT ME! She is like any other baby... Really. she cries, eats, sleeps... and has a attitude like most females.... Can't imagine life without her... DS or NOT... IT IS NOT WHO SHE IS!
She is Sawyer!

So on to my original post thoughts....
We woke up bright and early and went to the Susan G Comen walk on Saturday.  My mom asked us to walk for one of her friends, Mrs. Mel.  We all went not only to support Mrs. Mel but my mom as well. She had colon cancer and I hope to never experience that kind of news again.  She was one of the lucky ones. They were able to catch the cancer early so it didn't spread and she didn't have to undergo chemo. Thank goodness. I will never forget those feelings of helplessness... I cried thinking about what life would be like without her.  I couldn't imagine it! I still wasn't married, didn't have kids and wanted her to be there for all of those milestones, plus more. I just prayed that everything would be okay and it was... it is...  She has been cancer free ever since and has experienced my wedding, my babies... and will be here for many more experiences.

So we all went to the walk with pride and support for those who battle cancer of any kind.

This was before the walk. Carlyn and Cohen shared our jogging stroller. Cambri was crying... and Sawyer was sound asleep.


Sawyer and I didn't make it too far on the route because sister was hungry. So we literally got 100 feet and had to stop and eat....


Miss attitude...

Sawyer and I made it to the finish line first and patiently waited on everyone else.

and waited... 

Then Shenee and Cambri came and met us and we made our way back to the, end of the race games. Cohen was enoying a game of basketball (with his long t shirt) and Carlyn was playing as well

                                


Everyone was tired after a long 5K. As you can tell....


We raced for a cure... A cure for cancer and the unknown.  


1 comment:

  1. LOVE that picture of Cohen. You should blow that one up big!!! And Sissy girl has got an attitude! I love it ;)

    ReplyDelete