Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Friend"

Friends come in and out during the course of ones life... Some friends are there for certain experiences and fade over time. When Cody and I got married and started having kids we began to see that friends change... People change.  Some friends are so rare and special they stay with you through life. Sometimes we lose touch with certain people but circumstances bring you back together by fate! Then sometimes you find the friends you always longed for, the ones you know will be there until the end! These friends are hard to find.  I can't imagine not having a sister, just the comfort in knowing that she will ALWAYS be there is a relief.  She is my sister but also my friend... And I know that my kids will feel the same way about each other (I think they already do...)



This past year has made me think a lot about who my "True" friends are.... And I have come to realize that "True" friends are REALLY hard to find!  The people who step up when you need them most are the Friends who won't fade. They won't be a phase of life.  I can't begin to explain the gratitude I have for the ones who stepped up for me almost 6 months ago! The ones who were there to listen, the ones who were there to talk, the ones who gave me advice,  the ones who were there to meet our precious girl... I can't begin to say how thankful I am to you! I also can't imagine exploring this journey of life without Cody.  My husband is my best friend and it is wonderful to know we will be by each other's side with all of the experiences we will live. He is my Rock!

As I look a these following pictures... I realize that my kids already have "True" friends... 
Ramsey and I always say how lucky we are to have each other and how lucky Sawyer and John Talbott are to have one another. But really... Cohen is as lucky to have Caroline and Parker... and so is Sawyer.  These kids are going to have one another to lean on.  I never thought about how thankful I am that Ramsey has 2 older kids. Cohen won't be alone in his journey either. Because this is his journey as well!  They will all experience the remarkable experiences of life and they have no clue the amazing people their younger siblings will bring them to become.

Look at the way they are looking at each other. I felt comfort in knowing that he will be there to protect Sawyer and Cohen (especially when they are all in school together :))


Sawyer felt completely comfortable when she woke up to find Parker on the side of her. Look at how sweet, he is holding her hand... I actually just noticed this in the picture. 


These are the lifelong friends that we all so desperately desire.  And it is amazing to know that these 2 kids will keep us together.  Cohen has only seen them a hand full of times and I can't explain the excitement on his face when I told him we were going to their house the other night. When we pulled into their driveway he couldn't get out of his seat quick enough. Then he saw Caroline and Parker run around in the front yard to come and meet him. When he finally got out it was like he had known them forever.  He was at complete ease, like he knew he belonged and I think they felt the same way with him. That was such a special moment. 

 

Our two families have so many mutual friends it is amazing that we did not know each other before. It is complete fate how Ramsey and I both talk "a mile a minute", how Kevin and Cody enjoy hanging out and having a nice, cold beer, how Caroline and Parker get along so well with Cohen, and how close in age Sawyer and John Talbott are... I mean come on, complete fate!  I could not have hand picked a better family! I can only imagine how many memories we will all share together.

I believe that one can have many acquaintances, but you really only have a handful of True friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment