Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Clan...

Hello Blog! I am back... I feel like this past week flew by. Now that Sawyer can actually be out and about  and the weather is nice we have been non-stop!

Cousins are wonderful, but 1st cousins are the best! I love the way my kids will be able to experience being close to their 1st cousins. Shenee and I didn't get so lucky. My mom is an only child and my dad has 1 brother who has never lived here so we were never able to have that bond.

Carlyn is the leader of the pack! She is 5 going on 20 and an attitude out of this world! My how she is growing up quick. I remember when she was still this little..... I called her a "drama queen" then and she still has the name today!


Cohen and Cambri are only 2 months apart so they have a "love / hate" relationship.  I remember when they would sit next to each other peacefully! Now we are lucky to have those kind of moments when they are that close!

Sawyer is the baby of the pack and treated like a baby doll! Cohen and Cambri talk to her like they are so much older! With there little "baby" voices!  I still can't get over how much she has grown.  It is hard to believe she was so tiny when she was born. She was so small she could fit in my wedding shoe box. I have to say I do have trouble remembering her this little...



So the other night I asked them to take a picture all together and this is what I got....

Take 1- Sawyer is holding on for dear life! 
 They had complete excitement on their faces.... Like it was such a treat to lay on the floor all together and take these pictures. And yes... They were yelling!
Take 2- Her grip is tight... Watch your hair girls! 
 Cambri didn't get the memo that we were continuing on the picture taking. She decided that her face had a little itch! And yes she does have a black eye (clumsy mumsy ran into a cot at school).
Take 3 - Finally... Cheese! 
I am so happy they will all get to grow up together. This clan can't be touched. Cohen looks up to Carlyn more than she realizes. And when Cambri isn't around he asks for her... But I dare him to act like he loves her in person. haha... That is a joke! And don't let that sweet face fool you! She has got the word "slick" down pat!  I think Sawyer has just completely stole all 3 of their hearts!

Many don't realize how lucky they are to be close to their 1st cousins and to tell you the truth our kids won't either. You never realize how lucky you are when you have something. It's the things you don't have that make you think...  They will only know life with their cousins. I hope that I can be the aunt to these 2 girls I always dreamed of being. The aunt I always wanted... Shenee and I never had that. We never had the bond with an aunt or uncle. It makes me smile to know that my kids will have an aunt and uncles (Maybe one day their Parrain (Cody's brother) will get married... (only to someone we approve of) and they will have more 1st cousins to love....)!

"Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends"
          - Anonymous









1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I am humbled... I have tons of 1st cousins, we are all so close. I am now forever grateful;) thanks for the reminder. Also the pics are awesome!! I need some baby holding time soon with that sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete