Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Out with the Old... In with the New

A lot has happened since Sawyer was born. We have been a pretty busy family...

We celebrated Cohen's 2nd birthday...









Just 3 weeks after Sawyer was born we threw Cohen's birthday party at our house. We are lucky that we have good friends that live next door because Aunt Lin babysat Sawyer for us. Since Cohen LOVES sports we gave him a sports themed party.


We baptized Sawyer...




She wore my baptismal gown which was so special. When Cohen was born he wore Cody's. We decided that our kids would have the same God-Parents since I only have 1 sister and Cody only has 1 brother.



We had our official first play date...







Ainsley came in town with Beckham (who is only 2 days younger than Sawyer), 
Angela came with Georgie, and Tiffany came with Ryder, while my two were here as well. Cohen was a little overwhelmed at first with all of the babies... But soon got use to it and pretty content for pictures.  We had so much fun catching up with all of our babies together.  We definitely plan on making this a ritual. 



New BEST FRIENDS...


With fate on our sides Sawyer and I made life-long best friends not long after our test results came back with Sawyer's diagnosis. I can't explain the impact John Talbott and his mommy Ramsey have had on us and how they have changed our lives.  John Talbott was born only a few months before Sawyer. Ramsey and I hit it off the minute we first spoke. Sometimes there are people who are meant to be in your life. I truly believe that this family is meant to be in ours, as I hope they feel the same way about us. Ramsey is my "go to" person. When no one else UNDERSTANDS, she does... She really does... She understands my bad days, she understands my good days. She is there as a friend to discuss my day at work, my shopping trip, my everything.  I could go on and on to tell how much her friendship means to me but we would be here forever. I thank God everyday that he brought them into our lives. Sawyer has a lifelong best friend and it makes me smile to think she won't be alone in this journey. She will have her best friend to lean on when she is sad, and her best friend to smile with when she is happy.


2011 Family Pictures...






Every year my sister, Shenee, and I take pictures of the kids to give to our parents for Christmas. It is the Christmas gift that is so easy, yet so special. This year we added another one to the mix and things got interesting. Sawyer was so tiny, Carlyn (Shenee's oldest) got to hold her. Oh the smile on her face as you can see, was priceless. 


Thanksgiving...

 


We had a very low-key Thanksgiving.  I didn't even take many pictures. Sad to say I think these are the only 2 I have. Oh well.... At least I have one of Cohen and Sawyer.  

Learning to Love just a little bit more... 









We learned to love just a little bit more... Cohen still looks at Sawyer with such joy. He asks to hold her daily with a smirk on his face. I love to look at pictures of the two of them together. Nothing is better than sibling love. I cherish every moment of our lives. Cody and I are learning to live in the moment. It makes life so much more worth while. 




Christmas...










Christmas Eve we have a family ritual of going to my God-mother's house and joining for dinner along with the opening of presents. It is so much fun when the family is together and the kids go crazy with so much love and gifts. I love to see the family grow and cousins playing. There is no sweeter sound then running and yelling with joy! 










Christmas Day we open presents at our house right when we wake up.  Cohen said "OH MY GOSH" about 50 times while opening his presents this year. Santa must have thought he was a really good boy this year. He was so sweet I remember him asking where Sawyer's presents were (they were on the other side of his...). I think he was just making sure Santa didn't forget about her. 

We then go to my parents house to open presents with my sister, my neices, brother in law, and parents. We usually stay for lunch then we go to Cody's parents to finish the day off with more presents. 

Bringing in a new year....



Cohen got a virus that had us home with him and Sawyer at my mom's. We felt like Sawyer would not know the difference where as Cohen was sick (and who doesn't want their momma when they are sick).


Sawyer started to smile. Oh and her smiles go from ear to ear.... Her smile is so contagious, but she is pretty stingy with it. You are lucky to get a picture of her smiling because the minute she sees the camera she stops and stares. 


Sawyer took her 3 month pictures. She was awake for most of them. She still looks so tiny, guess that is because she really is.... I love to see how she is growing daily. My little "itty bitty" is going to stay my itty bitty for a while. But who doesn't want to have their babies stay babies for a little bit longer?


Cohen is only 2 and has more athletic ability than I have ever seen. We have to play football, baseball, basketball, and soccer daily. He even makes us "practice" which requires jumping jacks, running in place, and having him tackle us.  His absolute favorite toy are his daddy's "football men".  Wow who would have thought sports figures from 1980 would entertain a 2 year old. He even knows their names and that really amazes me...


And they still love each other more and more each day... The way he giggles when he gets to hold her melts my heart. Look at that face! 

We have had many adventures in 2011 and I am sure that 2012 has even more in store. Can't wait to see what the new year has waiting for us.  





No comments:

Post a Comment