Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Choose your WORDS wisely

A friend and I talk about things that I never thought I would think about in this lifetime.  She and I are able to get things out to one another that no one understands.  We now look to life differently than most. We look to the little moments, the things no one really thinks about.  We happened to have a recent conversation on "words"...
I am sure everyone has heard the saying..."Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!"  This is such a lie. Words can hurt someone more than anything.  There are some words we say and don't know the utter meaning to them or how hurtful they can be. I for one, have said things in context and didn't think before I spoke.
We have all used the word retard time and again, but when we get to a certain age we need to let that word go.  We should delete it from our vocabulary. There is some innocence when one is young, but there is not excuse as we get older. It is not right to call someone A retard.... We tend to use the word in many different contexts and none are acceptable.  I have recently heard friends say this word without thinking twice about it.... So choose your words more wisely as you don't know how that word can hurt others. Who are you to judge someone in that context... Many think they are "NORMAL" if they have no physical characteristics wrong with them, but I can promise you not 1 person in this world is normal nor perfect! Normal now has a similar meaning to perfect in my mind... And I don't think there is anyone who classifies as normal or perfect! Tonight please read this carefully because the quote should change..."Sticks and stones may break my bones, and Words CAN hurt me."

1 comment: