Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gotta have Faith...

Well I have been meaning to write all week but with Mardi Gras and our schedules being a little off it has been hard. I am finally taking a time out tonight to write...
We didn't do much for Mardi Gras. Since Sawyer still can't really go out and about from her RSV spell we have been "home bodies".  I do have to say this has given us some good family time... I mean look at those 2... 2 peas in a pod! I never thought that having to keep Sawyer home would benefit us... But it has been really nice! We haven't really been on the go so we are able to spend more time together... Cohen is itching to get outside, and now that it is finally warming up we can all go outside to play!


We managed to take Cohen to the parades on Monday night.  My parents came to our house to watch Sawyer so that we could bring Cohen.  He wasn't amused one bit... Cody and I literally played football with him 98% of the time we were out there.  So, I didn't feel guilty one bit that we didn't have plans to go out for the parades on Tuesday.

I finally got Sawyer a little chair so that her and Cohen could have bath time together...
Oh my gosh adorable. Sawyer laughs at Cohen when he talks to her and plays with all of his bath toys.
I just sit there and watch in amazement how they interact. Cohen looked at Sawyer the other night and said, "Sawyer you are my princess, and I am your superhero!" Okay.... Really... This kid... What a heart. Then he proceeds to tell her, "and dada is your superhero too." I then asked if I could be a superhero and his response... "No momma, you are my princess with Sawyer!" Tear... If he only knew  that little moment in time will stick in my brain forever! What a kind heart he has.


I never understood how people said their kids changed them... Changed them to what? Well watching these two has changed me.  As we enter Lent I realize now that I have never really given anything up or done anything different. Wow! I am 28 years old and I have never taken Lent serious! This year I am still not planning to give anything up, but to gain faith.  Cody and I have refrained from taking Cohen to church for over a year now because he is verbal and mobile... Well this year I am vowing to take Cohen to mass and once Sawyer can get out we will then go as a family. This Lent I have come to realize how thankful I need to be. I have 2 HEALTHY kids and a loving and healthy husband. Yes we have had a trials these past few months, but I can honestly say I now, more than ever believe HE won't give you more than you can handle!   "Faith is the belief in something more than what you know".
I know he will continue to give me strength when needed.... Others in my position may ask the question, "why me"... "why us"! Now I say "WHY NOT?!" I am so happy to have this family and wouldn't change a thing! .... So tonight I am going to sleep with Thanks on my mind! Thanking God for Cody, Cohen, and Sawyer... I honestly couldn't ask for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment